From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 10:19:04
1 2013/5/24 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
4 > I like what Tomáš proposed and I am in favor of the new CoC.
5 >
6 > I also believe the council should not try to enforce the CoC. This is
7 > something for devrel/userrel to do. The council should be the judge if
8 > someone disagrees with
9 > what devrel/userrel decided so he/she can appeal to another authority.
10 > But for the day-to-day conflicts, I see no reason for the Council to
11 > get involved. Imho this will
12 > introduce another layer of bureaucracy without good reasons.
13 >
14 > I think you just wrongly understood what Rich ment with the council.
15
16 It was more about situation where member is in both in council and devrel,
17 where he should not be at first decision and only be in appealing organ
18 (council).
19 But if other guys from council think it is no biggie we can drop the
20 sentence. I am really indiferent about it.
21
22 Tom