From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 17:13:47
1 On 24 May 2013 14:46, Rich Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > I'm not a fan of having confused lines of authority where everybody is
5 > in charge and as a result things get deadlocked. I'm all for having
6 > delegated authority and collaboration, and I don't want the highest
7 > authority to step in on every decision. However, I don't think the
8 > authority of the council should be limited in any way as it concerns
9 > the governance of the non-legal aspects of Gentoo, except that they
10 > stand for election. That is their mandate.
11 >
12 > But, others feel differently, and as I said if the council doesn't
13 > object to curtailing their authority, then I'll defer to them.
14 >
15 > Rich
18 I like what Tomáš proposed and I am in favor of the new CoC.
19
20 I also believe the council should not try to enforce the CoC. This is
21 something for devrel/userrel to do. The council should be the judge if
22 someone disagrees with
23 what devrel/userrel decided so he/she can appeal to another authority.
24 But for the day-to-day conflicts, I see no reason for the Council to
25 get involved. Imho this will
26 introduce another layer of bureaucracy without good reasons.
29 Regards,
30 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
31 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang