From: "Anna V." <cyber+gentoo@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2022-23: Questions for Candidates: how to increase contributions
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 03:19:42
1 On 2022-07-02 04:58, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2022-07-01 at 18:07 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > I am hoping that the transition to gitlab will include moving all of
4 > > our
5 > > work over there and not accepting prs from github. That way everyone
6 > > will contribute through the same workflow.
7 >
8 > I would really prefer if someone worked on the GitLab accessibility
9 > issues before someone tried to do that. Like, made GitLab something
10 > more than a blank site on less-than-state-of-art web browsers.
11
12 SourceHut is the only sort-of-accessible FOSS forge. Both GitLab and
13 Gitea have issues with accessibility (screen readers support, keyboard
14 navigation, browser support etc). However people are used to
15 GitHub-style workflow more.
16
17 GitHub is accessible (except for browser support) but not FOSS.