From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Technical consulting for Gentoo (bug 43477)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 04:48:25
1 On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Matthew Marchese <maffblaster@g.o> wrote:
2 > TL;DR: If you (as an individual) or a company you work for is interested
3 > in providing some kind of technical consulting for Gentoo, add your
4 > information to the table in the draft I created in my wiki space:
5 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Maffblaster/Drafts/Consultants
6 >
7 > Eventually the draft document will be moved to Foundation namespace on
8 > the wiki and will be maintained by a foundation member. Those who wish
9 > to be added to the list will need to open a new discussion.
10 >
11 > I reopened bug 43477; since it was dealing with exactly the same goal.
12 > The process can be tracked there.
13 >
14 > You might ask: why do we need something such as this? Can people use a
15 > search engine?
16 >
17 > Good question. Yes, our internal search has found about a dozen
18 > different individual/consulting firms offering support, however finding
19 > them was not as easy as it should be. Also, having a list on official
20 > contact list on Gentoo infra makes corporations who are used to
21 > Microsoft-like technical support feel better (really).
22 >
23 > I work as an Operating System Engineer for a company that uses Gentoo.
24 > Management has asked where they can contact/recruit technical support in
25 > the event that I get hit by a bus. I've scanned all the Gentoo pages,
26 > and after talking to a3li (our main webmaster), was directed a page that
27 > was very much out of date. It seems the previous Consultants page was
28 > not moved anywhere after wwwold.g.o when offline. This necessitated me
29 > reopening that bug so that we can have a list.
30 >
31 > If you or the company you work for is open to technical consulting I
32 > hope to see your name added to the list.
33
34 Looks nice,
35 Thanks :)
38 アリス フェッラッシィ
39 Alice Ferrazzi
40
41 Gentoo, If it moves, compile it!
42 My_overlay: https://github.com/aliceinwire/overlay
43 Gentoo Euscan: http://goo.gl/YNbU3h
44 Mail: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
45 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A