From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Rekindling Gentoo News -> Paying for news
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 17:21:35
1 On Monday, January 23, 2017 6:02:37 AM EST Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 11:21:12 -0500
3 >
4 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Not paying for newsletter, paying for some of the content. Given an
6 > > incentive to spend time on something that may not be directly beneficial.
7 >
8 > Can you explain how you see that working?
9 >
10 > I don't myself see how you can pay for /some/ of a newsletter. You get a
11 > whole newsletter or no newsletter.
12
13 I used an example of Linode paying $100 for documentation.
14
15 Something like a $10 or something small reward for an article that is used. An
16 editor may get say $100 per GWN issue, that would run say $1200 a year. With a
17 little more depending on articles. Gentoo could easily afford that for a good
18 GWN like it had before.
19
20 Really up to others to decide on how much for what, etc. This would also
21 require some time on the Trustees and others behalf to cut checks, do the
22 accounting.
23
24 This would give reason to say donate or sponsor the GWN. Since they could see
25 their money being used for articles, etc.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.