From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] OT Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 19:42:01
1 I didn't take things off topic, it was another and I replied. I have since
2 replied to people personally off list. Check spam/junk folders.
3
4 There has been 3, now with this 4 posts that are off topic, as replies to 2
5 off topic posts. I fail to see how this is making it any better, and has now
6 taking things from any sort of beneficial discussion.
7
8 While I did not do some of the initial off topic posts. I have started a new
9 thread which others could have done. Even those replying as off topic, could
10 have started a new thread on such. I even added OT to this thread topic which
11 others could have done at any point and did not either.
12
13 Finally it breaks history when you start a new thread taking stuff from
14 another. Anyone looking in archive or following the thread after the fact will
15 have it break and have to find the trail. They will not be able to follow a
16 thread to see how logically the discussion changed.
17
18 Like the new email I just posted. If anyone wants to see how we got there.
19 They have to dig in another thread.
20
21 P.S.
22 I see lots of off topic stuff posted to many lists, some much more active than
23 any of Gentoo's. I never see people saying your post is off topic. That alone
24 is extremely rare. But Gentoo community loves to nitpick and control rather
25 than just embrace chaos... Also much of what is said to me, I do not say to
26 others. It is not up to me to tell another what is on topic or not. etc.
29 William L. Thomson Jr.