From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Nick Vinson <nvinson234@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 20:05:15
1 On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:05:12 -0800
2 Nick Vinson <nvinson234@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 11/11/2016 04:22 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > > On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
6 > >>
7 > >> This is all about perceptions, not processes.
8 > >
9 > > Great. Whose perception needs changing? Besides the ~5 people
10 > > replying in this list?
11 > >
12 > >>
13 > >> Why just have the comrel lead approved by Council why not all comrel
14 > >> appointments?
15 > >>
16 > >
17 > > That really reeks of micromanagement to me. We don't have Council
18 > > approve individual appointments in any team currently, and the Comrel
19 > > lead already has the power to add/remove anybody from the team as
20 > > needed.
23 > Do you honestly see comrel as being no different than any other project?
24 > To my knowledge, no other project has the power to dismiss developers
25 > or issue punitive measures.
26
27 QA lead actually has that power as well.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny
32 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>