From: Nick Vinson <nvinson234@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 17:05:24
1 On 11/11/2016 04:22 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> This is all about perceptions, not processes.
5 >
6 > Great. Whose perception needs changing? Besides the ~5 people
7 > replying in this list?
10 >> Why just have the comrel lead approved by Council why not all comrel
11 >> appointments?
14 > That really reeks of micromanagement to me. We don't have Council
15 > approve individual appointments in any team currently, and the Comrel
16 > lead already has the power to add/remove anybody from the team as
17 > needed.
20 Do you honestly see comrel as being no different than any other project?
21 To my knowledge, no other project has the power to dismiss developers
22 or issue punitive measures.
23
24 If you don't see it as the same, then why compare what Gentoo does or
25 does not do with other projects to how Comrel is handled?