From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 17:41:14
1 On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Nick Vinson <nvinson234@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 11/11/2016 04:22 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> This is all about perceptions, not processes.
7 >>
8 >> Great. Whose perception needs changing? Besides the ~5 people
9 >> replying in this list?
10 >>
11 >>>
12 >>> Why just have the comrel lead approved by Council why not all comrel
13 >>> appointments?
14 >>>
15 >>
16 >> That really reeks of micromanagement to me. We don't have Council
17 >> approve individual appointments in any team currently, and the Comrel
18 >> lead already has the power to add/remove anybody from the team as
19 >> needed.
22 > Do you honestly see comrel as being no different than any other project?
23 > To my knowledge, no other project has the power to dismiss developers
24 > or issue punitive measures.
25 >
26 > If you don't see it as the same, then why compare what Gentoo does or
27 > does not do with other projects to how Comrel is handled?
30 Of course I think it is different, hence the reason that I argued a
31 few years ago that its lead ought to be confirmed by the Council.
34 Rich