From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Poll: Would you sign a Contributer License Agreement?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 22:24:25
1 On 2018-05-30 23:44, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Wed, 30 May 2018, Greg KH wrote:
3 >
4 >> Please please please do not "fork" the DCO. It was specifically
5 >> designed so that any project can use it, as-is, with no changes
6 >> needed.
7 >
8 > We simply cannot. We have files in the Gentoo repository that are not
9 > under a free software license, and for these we need an extra clause.
10 > Otherwise we would have to specify in the policy that certain commits
11 > are excepted from the requirement of a Signed-off-by line, and IMHO
12 > that would be a much worse solution.
13
14 That is a good point.
15 Which files do not have a free software license in the tree?
16 Are these just some patches or files in the "files" folder of the
17 packages or is there something else?
18
19 Are we allowed to use the free github repository for non free files?
20
21 We could upload the non free files to a different space and exclude
22 these from the repository, like we do it for large patches already.
25 Best,
26 Jonas