From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Poll: Would you sign a Contributer License Agreement?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 22:28:08
1 On 06/01/2018 12:24 AM, Jonas Stein wrote:
2 >> We simply cannot. We have files in the Gentoo repository that are not
3 >> under a free software license, and for these we need an extra clause.
4 >> Otherwise we would have to specify in the policy that certain commits
5 >> are excepted from the requirement of a Signed-off-by line, and IMHO
6 >> that would be a much worse solution.
7 > That is a good point.
8 > Which files do not have a free software license in the tree?
9
10 The best example is likely most license files themselves that are not
11 malleable.
14 Kristian Fiskerstrand
15 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
16 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3