From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] EAPI6 Features
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 08:50:40
1 El dom, 08-06-2014 a las 22:56 +0200, Ulrich Mueller escribió:
2 > >>>>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2014, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 >
4 > > El dom, 08-06-2014 a las 16:38 +0200, Ulrich Mueller escribió:
5 > >> Many eclasses now use a mechanism equivalent to the one in C header
6 > >> files, which seems to do the job.
7 >
8 > > Last time I checked, there were still some eclasses not doing that
9 > > (either the "spank" way or the way from python -r1 eclasses). Not
10 > > sure if this was intended and why that eclasses are pending :/ If
11 > > there is no technical issue in fixing them (probably with the way
12 > > used in python eclasses ;)), why not simply go ahead and fix them?
13 >
14 > The feature is strictly needed only for eclasses that are inherited
15 > by another eclass. (If we would distinguish between eclasses and
16 > "eclass libraries" then it would be clearer where it is needed and
17 > where it is not.)
18 >
19 > Ulrich
20
21 And, what problems could cause to include it for all eclasses? Maybe
22 some eclass is not currently inherited by other eclass but could be in
23 the future