From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 20:56:40
1 On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:50:15 -0700
2 Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Alexander Berntsen
4 > <alexander@××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > Let's bring back libre-sources as a package. GNU already deblobs
6 > > Linux, so why should I have to do it myself every time. Another
7 > > argument is that deblobbing is very time consuming, particularly for
8 > > older hardware. I had a Lemote Yeelong on for three days deblobbing.
9 >
10 > Why is deblobbing (what a stupid word) preferable to simply not
11 > building things that require proprietary firmware?
12
13 Because it's not Freedom if you're free to choose.
16 Ciaran McCreesh