From: desultory <desultory@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo Foundation
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 04:42:53
1 On 07/01/19 15:34, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >>> Yes, I understand that. However, I still believe that a contract
3 >>> initiated between CPA and a single small-ish entity such a Gentoo
4 >>> involves more costs than fees taken by umbrella dedicated to multiple
5 >>> entities. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
6 >>
7 >> Nobody knows yet. Different umbrellas work differently.
8 >
9 > Sigh. I agree with the second statement. The first one, well...
10 >
11 > Here's the example of SPI (disclaimer, we do not know if they would take us):
12 > * no direct costs associated
13 > * 5% deduction from donations for SPI's overhead
14 >
15 > Big Hint, it helps to first research something and then talk / discuss. That's
16 > however, rather rare on this list.
17 >
18 Given that the financial reports for the current year are not yet in, it
19 is entirely true that the costs involved are presently unknown. As, bear
20 with me here, 5% of an unknown quantity is still an unknown quantity.
21 Further, comparing a known percentage of an unknown quantity to another
22 unknown quantity of unknown relative magnitude is an effectively
23 valueless proposition. So could we please avoid pointlessly belittling
24 others and their factual comments?