From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo Foundation
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 19:34:19
1 > > Yes, I understand that. However, I still believe that a contract
2 > > initiated between CPA and a single small-ish entity such a Gentoo
3 > > involves more costs than fees taken by umbrella dedicated to multiple
4 > > entities. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
5 >
6 > Nobody knows yet. Different umbrellas work differently.
7
8 Sigh. I agree with the second statement. The first one, well...
9
10 Here's the example of SPI (disclaimer, we do not know if they would take us):
11 * no direct costs associated
12 * 5% deduction from donations for SPI's overhead
13
14 Big Hint, it helps to first research something and then talk / discuss. That's
15 however, rather rare on this list.
18 Andreas K. Hüttel
19 dilfridge@g.o
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)