From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Recruitment issues and potential improvement
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 13:58:41
1 05.02.2015 09:56, Michał Górny пишет:
2 > 1. remove or reduce the ebuild quiz to a reasonable number of
3 > questions. In other words, make it bearable. Focus on the stuff that
4 > can't be checked otherwise.
5 >
6 > 2. Add an extra contribution period in which the candidate commits to
7 > the tree through Pull Requests. Developers watch the requests, review
8 > them and decide when the recruit is ready. We may extend this with
9 > requirements like '3 different developers must review late activities
10 > and evaluate them'.
11 >
12 > 3. Possibly extend the recruit-recruiter interaction. Rather than
13 > treating the interrogation as some kind of final confirmation, make it
14 > a small extra part of the learning process. In other words, reduce
15 > the other parts, fill in the blanks here.
16 >
17 > What do you think?
20 regarding 1 - Please do not. We have issue with recruits that do not
21 understand quizes well and then commit things, that should never ever
22 happened.
23
24 regarding 2 - As i know we usually have such things, but they are not
25 some kind of policy, just a common sense, which recruiters use to make
26 sure that recruit is well-trained and can do good stuff.
27
28 regarding 3 - This is clearly mentor's responsibility in my POV
31 Best regards, Sergey Popov
32 Gentoo developer
33 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
34 Gentoo Quality Assurance project lead
35 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead