From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Andrew Ammerlaan (andrewammerlaan)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 19:06:49
1 Hey all,
2
3 It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family: Andrew
4 Ammerlaan from the Netherlands! Andrew will strengthen the
5 science-focused devbase in Gentoo, and he's also shown great interest
6 towards dealing with user contributions. Here's what he has to say about
7 himself:
8
9 "I'm a 23 year old Physics PhD-candidate from the beautiful city of
10 Nijmegen (the Netherlands). I currently have a position in the
11 department for Semiconductors & Nanostructures of the High Field Magnet
12 Laboratory (HFML). Together with the FELIX laboratory, HFML-FELIX forms
13 an unique facility where magnetic fields of up to 37.5 Tesla can be
14 combined with short pulses of
15 Terahertz and infrared radiation. At the moment I'm working on a project
16 which aims to make liquid-ion-gating in our lab faster and better. Very
17 recently I published my first paper in the Journal of Alloys and
18 Compounds. In my free time I like to tweak and mess with my computer.
19 Occasionally I write articles of a political nature, my latest was on
20 the history and politics surrounding nuclear fission energy."
21
22 At least I can make sense of the latter part! Please give him a warm
23 welcome!
24
25 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature