From: "Toralf Förster" <toralf@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: New developer: Andrew Ammerlaan (andrewammerlaan)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 07:14:55
1 On 5/19/21 9:06 PM, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family: Andrew
5 > Ammerlaan from the Netherlands! Andrew will strengthen the
6 > science-focused devbase in Gentoo, and he's also shown great interest
7 > towards dealing with user contributions. Here's what he has to say about
8 > himself:
9 >
10 > "I'm a 23 year old Physics PhD-candidate from the beautiful city of
11 > Nijmegen (the Netherlands). I currently have a position in the
12 > department for Semiconductors & Nanostructures of the High Field Magnet
13 > Laboratory (HFML). Together with the FELIX laboratory, HFML-FELIX forms
14 > an unique facility where magnetic fields of up to 37.5 Tesla can be
15 > combined with short pulses of
16 > Terahertz and infrared radiation. At the moment I'm working on a project
17 > which aims to make liquid-ion-gating in our lab faster and better. Very
18 > recently I published my first paper in the Journal of Alloys and
19 > Compounds. In my free time I like to tweak and mess with my computer.
20 > Occasionally I write articles of a political nature, my latest was on
21 > the history and politics surrounding nuclear fission energy."
22 >
23 > At least I can make sense of the latter part! Please give him a warm
24 > welcome!
25 >
26 > -- juippis
29 Greetings from Hamburg, ANdrew
32 Toralf
33 PGP 23217DA7 9B888F45

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature