From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] use FEATURES=test at the tinderbox
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 17:06:03
1 On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 17:22:03 +0200 Toralf Förster wrote:
2 > Hi,
5 > after a talk at IRC I started to broaden the scope of the tinderbox [1]
6 > by adding FEATURES=test .
7 >
8 > A lot of findings did appear immediately.
9 >
10 > That's why now only the packages defined in [2] (requested at IRC by
11 > gentoo devs) will have that feature aktivated.
12 >
13 > Over the time I do plan to add more categories - will see, how it is
14 > going on.
15 >
16 > If you like seeing your package categories in [2] - just drop me a
17 > message in IRC.
18 >
19 > And ofc "notest" is a valid decision too - just ping me for that too.
23 > [1] https://zwiebeltoralf.de/tinderbox.html
24 >
25 > [2] https://github.com/toralf/tinderbox/blob/master/data/package.env.common
26
27 > sci-*/* test
28
29 Oh my, this will be an utter pain... Sci software is often of bad
30 quality in terms of code quality and tests are even worse.
31
32 Some time ago I fixed tests for pythia. It took me 10x more time
33 than for work over all other issues.
34
35 Best regards,
36 Andrew Savchenko