From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 22:29:41
1 On Sun, 11 May 2014 21:12:36 +0000
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Anyway, last time I spoke with the QA lead, he said that QA has
5 > currently enough manpower.
6 >
7 > It's a little bit confusing.
8
9 Please ask him as to why, he's not reading this ML atm; while I could
10 guess random reasons, I'm not entirely sure so it confuses me as well.
11
12 From my viewpoint, more people want to sign up for QA; at which point, I
13 would personally question at which size the QA team becomes too large...
14
15 ... although we have a Portage team of that size; from what I recall
16 from there, is that it becomes nasty to organize meetings that way.
17
18 > What I am pissed about are the arguments other people have given (not
19 > you), not the missing tinderbox... really. I appreciate every hour
20 > people put in gentoo. It isn't about "you didn't get enough stuff
21 > done", at all.
22
23 +1
24
25 > It is about some comments that reveal the way QA (or some parts of it)
26 > thinks about itself. Nothing more, nothing less.
27
28 Sincerely, the QA team had a rough time figuring that out; given that we
29 started from a clean slate with nothing to refer to, or in other words
30 we weren't mentored into a QA role. For an insight of how I think about
31 QA; please really consider to read the attachment, it is an intact
32 version of the application that I've written towards the Gentoo Council.
33
34 It features some topics that I think might be an interesting read:
35
36 - What did the python-exec blocker learn us?
37 - How to indicate regressions much faster?
38 - What do I think the new Gentoo QA team should look like?
39 - What can we do to make the new Gentoo QA team more effective?
40 - What other work is there to do?
41 - Comments & References
42
43 But I'd like to know your view on it, I have two (or four) questions:
44
45 - How do you want the QA team to be (or not be)?
46 - What parts do you think we do wrong (or right)?
47
48 Feel free to reflect the application and recent QA work, I'm all ears.
49
50 > Something about that needs to change, IMO. And I don't necessarily
51 > mean a regrouping of members or something similar. We already tried
52 > that, didn't we? Let's not make it a habit.
53 >
54 > It's sad that you have to yell out that loud before people actually
55 > listen. But the fact is... you have to.
56 >
57 > In the end, the blame is on the guy who yelled, not on the people who
58 > didn't listen, because CoC doesn't really cover the latter.
59
60 +1
63 With kind regards,
64
65 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
66 Gentoo Developer
67
68 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
69 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
70 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D

TomWij_QA_Application.txt text/plain
signature.asc application/pgp-signature