From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Nicolas Bock (nickolasbock)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 14:08:49
1 On 12/04/2013 04:36 PM, justin wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I would like to introduce Nickolas Bock (nicolasbock) who recently
5 > joined the gentoo dev team.
6 >
7 > He is a computational scientist and tries to solve some crazy stuff on
8 > his cluster (ask him for more details if you are brave :) ). His cluster
9 > is of course running Gentoo, which is he is using for ages.
10 >
11 > As part of his job he is involved in several projects related to cluster
12 > computing and quantum chemistry. And exactly those package really need a
13 > helping hand in Gentoo, which he is already providing through the
14 > science overlay. So it was time to let him do the job in the tree.
15 >
16 > Please join me in giving him a warm welcome.
17 >
18 > Justin
21 Welcome Nicholas! I have a ph.d. in theoretical physics and did a lot
22 of number crunching back in 1988-1992. I was working on 2-d Hubbard
23 models and diagonalizing what was then huge matrices. I've often wanted
24 to resurrect that code on modern clusters just to see.
27 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
28 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
29 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
31 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA