From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: EAPI6 Features
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 16:47:41
1 >>>>> On Mon, 9 Jun 2014, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > Dnia 2014-06-09, o godz. 18:23:21
4 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
5
6 >> As I said before, I believe that the package manager shouldn't
7 >> perform any magic operations between src_* phases. Calling
8 >> eapply_user like this is effectively an additional phase, so it's
9 >> conceptually cleaner to make it a regular phase function (e.g.,
10 >> src_userpatch) which would be called between src_prepare and
11 >> src_postpatch.
12
13 > Sounds insanely complex for a minor issue. What's the problem with
14 > ebuilds calling 'default' in src_prepare() to get user patches
15 > applied (and possibly ${PATCHES[@]} as well)?
16
17 Calling it in src_prepare() is perfectly fine with me. The only thing
18 I'm saying is that we shouldn't call eapply_user outside of a phase
19 function, whatever that phase function will be.
20
21 Ulrich