From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: EAPI6 Features
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 16:31:40
1 Dnia 2014-06-09, o godz. 18:23:21
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014, Jonathan Callen wrote:
5 >
6 > > Just as a thought, perhaps we might add another phase, named like
7 > > "src_postpatch" (open to bikesheding), and have the `eapply_user`
8 > > called automatically between src_prepare and src_postpatch. Any
9 > > post-user patch code (like eautoreconf) would then go in
10 > > src_postpatch.
11 >
12 > > Thoughts?
13 >
14 > As I said before, I believe that the package manager shouldn't perform
15 > any magic operations between src_* phases. Calling eapply_user like
16 > this is effectively an additional phase, so it's conceptually cleaner
17 > to make it a regular phase function (e.g., src_userpatch) which would
18 > be called between src_prepare and src_postpatch.
19
20 Sounds insanely complex for a minor issue. What's the problem with
21 ebuilds calling 'default' in src_prepare() to get user patches applied
22 (and possibly ${PATCHES[@]} as well)?
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny