From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: EAPI6 Features
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 16:23:34
1 >>>>> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014, Jonathan Callen wrote:
2
3 > Just as a thought, perhaps we might add another phase, named like
4 > "src_postpatch" (open to bikesheding), and have the `eapply_user`
5 > called automatically between src_prepare and src_postpatch. Any
6 > post-user patch code (like eautoreconf) would then go in
7 > src_postpatch.
8
9 > Thoughts?
10
11 As I said before, I believe that the package manager shouldn't perform
12 any magic operations between src_* phases. Calling eapply_user like
13 this is effectively an additional phase, so it's conceptually cleaner
14 to make it a regular phase function (e.g., src_userpatch) which would
15 be called between src_prepare and src_postpatch.
16
17 Ulrich