From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:59:51
1 >>>>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, William L Thomson wrote:
2
3 >> There were only two changes with regards to content after inception
4 >> of the CoC: One in 2008, replacing proctors by devrel und userrel
5 >> (bug 185572),
6
7 > I was not aware comrel and userrel were created in 2008.
8
9 Both projects are much older. The timing relates to the dissolution of
10 the proctors project, see the 2007-07-12 council meeting log.
11
12 > Timing is quite interesting. That could explain quite allot, and why
13 > at least in my opinion. Gentoo has been on the decline since ~2008.
14 > I do not feel either has had a good or positive impact. The issues
15 > in Gentoo could be directly related.
16
17 Since the premise is wrong, this doesn't follow.
18
19 Ulrich