From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Discontinuing the support for GitHub pull requests
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 13:16:14
1 On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 6:10 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Except that open PRs quickly become irrelevant or semi-relevant,
4 > compared to the time which it takes to merge them. In the end, people
5 > actually end up applying fixes to old versions while skipping the newest
6 > because it was added independently.
9 I'm not sure how a fixed old version and a broken new version is worse
10 than a broken old version and a broken new one.
11
12 > And then some people will come and yell at you that you are using
13 > 'unofficial workflow' to 'hide' that signal from them.
16 That's what /ignore is for. :)
17
18 Everybody thinks that they can force others to use their preferred
19 workflow. If only we banned Gnome from the tree all those volunteers
20 would focus on making KDE better!
21
22 Again, if you don't like looking at idle bugs/PRs/etc don't. I know I
23 certainly don't, which is probably why I have so many open bugs. :)
26 Rich