From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer : Thomas Anderson (gentoofan23)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:27:37
1 On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > (Yes, this is another of my now unfortunately famous late new-dev
3 > announcements. I finished setting up Thomas a couple hours before
4 > having to board a plane and have been hopping from one place to the
5 > other with unreliable internet since then. I'm going to snorkel like
6 > this for a few more weeks until I finally dive and resurface about
7 > 5400 nautic miles away. Please bear with me)
8 >
9 > It's my pleasure to introduce Thomas Anderson (gentoofan23) as an
10 > almost new Gentoo developer. As you may know, Thomas has already been
11 > messing up with our tree for a few weeks now. His turf is mostly
12 > amd64, sunrise and science. He his rather proficient in C, C++ and
13 > bash.
14
15 Good evening Mr. Anderson......
16 </corny>
17
18 Glad to have more ebuild folks.
21 > You probably all know that I like thinking of my recruits as my kids.
22 > But Thomas is definitely young enough to be my son. And since he is
23 > such a nice kid I'm going to ask you guys to behave in his presence.
24 > By the way there must be something in his genes because one of his
25 > brothers is an Ubuntu developer.
26 >
27 > Thomas enjoys cooking as well as playing the bass and the piano. He
28 > recently picked up ping-pong but pretends he has yet to gain any real
29 > skill. His main hobby however is breaking packages and, fortunately
30 > for us, fixing them.
31 >
32 > Please everybody, give a warm welcome to gentoofan23.
33 >
34 > Denis.