From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 19:13:08
1 On Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:47:04 PM EST Yury German wrote:
2 > Can we please take the off topic discussion to somewhere else. This thread
3 > was very specific about GPG.
4
5 If you read my post, it was about GPG signing at LWE. Which I said if Gentoo
6 had its own conference we could be doing that then. It is on topic, short of 1
7 or 2 posts there after. With the first "off topic" non-gpg coming from a
8 council member.
9
10 Your post is also off topic, and something that could be sent to individuals
11 rather than on list adding to the noise. If I am going to request something of
12 someone, I will do it privately vs publicly. It just adds to noise....
13
14 Also limiting the scope of discussion to just the thread topic, also means
15 limiting creative thought. Many threads can start discussions in other areas
16 people are not thinking about or actively discussing.
17
18 Like if this thread leads to another on organizing a global Gentoo Event and
19 conference. That thread may never exist, if mentioning GPG signing at past
20 events, etc did not come up.
21
22 > If you want to turn it in to an off topic
23 > discussion (as usual) please start another thread that people can ignore.
24
25 People should refrain from personal insults with such comments. Saying "as
26 usual" is a insult. Implying that one routinely takes things off topic, is
27 hardly a compliment.
28
29 Insults are a direct violation of the Gentoo CoC.
32 William L. Thomson Jr.