From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Social Contract, Council: please fix the mess you cause
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:59:49
1 >>>>> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
2
3 > El 27/03/18 a las 09:45, Michał Górny escribió:
4 >> Sounds to me that you've created an artificial problem to create
5 >> hostility within the community, and when somebody asks you to define
6 >> the problem more specifically, you refuse to answer.
7
8 > I'll try to explain again the problem my propossals are trying to fix.
9 > Until gentoo-dev became restricted, all of the stakeholders of the
10 > Gentoo Social Contract had an official way to propose and discuss
11 > changes to it. As it is now impossible for some (I suspect the majority)
12 > of them to propose changes in the official way now. This is a problem
13 > because it basically restricts their ability to propose modifications
14
15 Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill. The only change needed
16 is an update of the address from gentoo-dev to gentoo-project.
17 The current address was added in 2002 which was long before the
18 gentoo-dev/gentoo-project split happened (and IMHO it should have been
19 updated immediately after the split).
20
21 I would even say that this qualifies as an editorial change that
22 doesn't need any formal decision. (See [1] for a precedent.)
23
24 > (like you did using the, then, wrong list on 2017
25 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/e20bc1207eca0164fe942012cce9c543).
26
27 No, gentoo-project is precisely the list that should have been used
28 for this (namely, it is one of the successors of the gentoo-dev from
29 before the split).
30
31 Ulrich
32