From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo metastructure reform - reality and SPI
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:07:45
1 On 01/11/2017 09:03 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > Gentoo is a community-driven project lead by the Council, and we should
3 > keep it that way. I therefore propose we follow the lead of other major
4 > projects[0] and become associated with SPI[1], making use of their
5 > various services[2] such as accepting donations, and holding funds and
6 > other assets. As an associated project, Gentoo would retain its
7 > independence - SPI would not own, govern, or otherwise control us.
8
9 The proposed metastructure will also work with a Foundation being a
10 project under council. Various alternatives could be discussed related
11 to this, and I tend to agree an external entity can be beneficial, in
12 particular given shared resources, but in the event it is not feasible
13 or wanted, the foundation could be structured with bylaws that gives
14 Council mandate to be the voting body and appoint Directors. I
15 personally believe, in such a scenario, that professional help should be
16 brought in for some of the tasks, in particular a certified professional
17 accountant should be used to keep accounts and handle tax reporting.
20 Kristian Fiskerstrand
21 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
22 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3