From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:58:42
1 On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:37:48 AM EDT NP-Hardass wrote:
2 >
3 > Go take a breather.
4 >
5 > Read two emails back.
6
7 Just miss-read some of what you were saying.
8
9 > I proposed that the Foundation endorse the Council/GLEP 39 officially at
10 > this time.
11 >
12 > You then complained that I was talking about limiting or expanding the
13 > power of the Foundation.
14
15 Endorsing the Council, is essentially unifying the structure. Saying the
16 Foundation has power over the Council. Which many will disagree with because
17 they see the structure as being different.
18
19 Many will see that as an expansion of the Foundation power.
20
21 > I restated that I said that the Foundation would endorse the
22 > Council/GLEP 39.
23
24 In order to do such, it would likely have to include aspects of GLEP 39 into
25 the By Laws. It would likely not be as simple as it seem. But again in doing
26 so your making it official that the Trustees oversee the Council. Many are not
27 ok with that.
28
29 > You respond by saying that I am making absolute statements about the
30 > current situation.
31
32 Just misread one bit.
33
34 > Chill out, and think, and read before you respond. You are just hurting
35 > yourself and this whole conversation right now.
36
37 Its called distracted, this is not my primary focus. What you perceived as
38 heated, tempered etc. Is just rushed per juggling.
39
40 As for hurting myself, so great harm has already been done over the years. I
41 am not concerned. Plus as the saying go, things cant improve till you reach
42 rock bottom. I am mining...
45 William L. Thomson Jr.