From: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:37:58
1 On 10/13/2016 11:34 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:18:42 AM EDT NP-Hardass wrote:
3 >>
4 >> And I said nothing about limiting or expanding Foundation influence. I
5 >> merely said that the Foundation takes the official stance of endorsing
6 >> Council as an insititution as defined by GLEP 39 to handle certain
7 >> aspects of Gentoo at this time.
8 >
9 > What document leads you to believe the Foundation takes an official, as in legal
10 > stance, of endorsing the Council?
11 >
12 > Nothing in GLEP 39 mentions the Foundation, declaring the Council to be an
13 > official institution of the Foundation, etc.
14 >
15 > Is GLEP 39 mentioned by the Foundation By Laws?
16 >
17 > Do the Foundation, Trustees or Officers play any role in the GLEP process?
18 >
19 > The Foundation has no official stance on any GLEP, nor on the Council. The
20 > concept of the Council is completely outside of the Foundation, and detached.
21 > Thus they have never worked together. Council sees themselves as the top of
22 > Gentoo, but they are not, the Foundation is, legally.
23 >
24 > There is no organization to Gentoo, linking the Foundation and Council.
25 > Unifying them under one body, Gentoo to work as one. They work independently
26 > with different artificial mandates and scopes.
29 Go take a breather.
30
31 Read two emails back.
32
33 I proposed that the Foundation endorse the Council/GLEP 39 officially at
34 this time.
35
36 You then complained that I was talking about limiting or expanding the
37 power of the Foundation.
38
39 I restated that I said that the Foundation would endorse the
40 Council/GLEP 39.
41
42 You respond by saying that I am making absolute statements about the
43 current situation.
44
45 Chill out, and think, and read before you respond. You are just hurting
46 yourself and this whole conversation right now.
49 NP-Hardass