From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:34:27
1 On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:18:42 AM EDT NP-Hardass wrote:
2 >
3 > And I said nothing about limiting or expanding Foundation influence. I
4 > merely said that the Foundation takes the official stance of endorsing
5 > Council as an insititution as defined by GLEP 39 to handle certain
6 > aspects of Gentoo at this time.
7
8 What document leads you to believe the Foundation takes an official, as in legal
9 stance, of endorsing the Council?
10
11 Nothing in GLEP 39 mentions the Foundation, declaring the Council to be an
12 official institution of the Foundation, etc.
13
14 Is GLEP 39 mentioned by the Foundation By Laws?
15
16 Do the Foundation, Trustees or Officers play any role in the GLEP process?
17
18 The Foundation has no official stance on any GLEP, nor on the Council. The
19 concept of the Council is completely outside of the Foundation, and detached.
20 Thus they have never worked together. Council sees themselves as the top of
21 Gentoo, but they are not, the Foundation is, legally.
22
23 There is no organization to Gentoo, linking the Foundation and Council.
24 Unifying them under one body, Gentoo to work as one. They work independently
25 with different artificial mandates and scopes.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.