From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: cyber+gentoo@×××××.in
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] gitlab accessibility
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 07:09:47
1 On Thu, 2022-07-14 at 16:21 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I was on vacation when the issues were brought up, but I want to start a
5 > new thread about this.
6 >
7 > I will quote the sections from the messages on the previous thread I am
8 > referring to.
9 >
10 > mgorny:
11 > > I would really prefer if someone worked on the GitLab accessibility
12 > > issues before someone tried to do that. Like, made GitLab something
13 > > more than a blank site on less-than-state-of-art web browsers.
14 >
15 > I don't know which browsers you are talking about. I personally use
16 > chrome and it isn't a blank page. I'm sure it probably works on firefox
17 > as well. I have briefly checked Edge and it is fine there.
18 > I think you need to be more specific about the browsers you are talking
19 > about. Also, if you are a web developer, you might want to open MR's for
20 > gitlab to get this fixed if you can.
21
22 I'm talking of browsers without ECMAScript, particularly text browsers.
23 On GitHub, things obviously aren't perfect but I can at least find
24 a file in the repository and view its contents. On GitLab, the file
25 list is simply not there.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny