From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: mgorny@g.o, cyber+gentoo@×××××.in
Subject: [gentoo-project] gitlab accessibility
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 21:21:18
1 Hey all,
2
3 I was on vacation when the issues were brought up, but I want to start a
4 new thread about this.
5
6 I will quote the sections from the messages on the previous thread I am
7 referring to.
8
9 mgorny:
10 > I would really prefer if someone worked on the GitLab accessibility
11 > issues before someone tried to do that. Like, made GitLab something
12 > more than a blank site on less-than-state-of-art web browsers.
13
14 I don't know which browsers you are talking about. I personally use
15 chrome and it isn't a blank page. I'm sure it probably works on firefox
16 as well. I have briefly checked Edge and it is fine there.
17 I think you need to be more specific about the browsers you are talking
18 about. Also, if you are a web developer, you might want to open MR's for
19 gitlab to get this fixed if you can.
20
21 Anna:
22 What specific accessibility issues do you see in gitlab? I see some
23 unlabeled buttons in places, and it is challenging to follow
24 conversations on MR's, but this is no different than github; it has
25 these types of issues as well. One thing I do is to use the api through
26 tools like python-gitlab or for github github-cli to get around issues
27 like these.
28
29 Also, I'm going to start another thread about github shortly that I'll
30 add you to.
31
32 Thanks,
33