From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-11-12
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 13:09:07
1 On 2/11/2013 21:06, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > I think that the QA team should be given a chance to resolve the issue
3 > within the framework of GLEP 48.
4 I agree, and hope that the issue being raised here is the catalyst for
5 resolution without intervention. Of course, I would not have raised the
6 issue here in the first place if I did not feel that it could be
7 resolved internally. I understand that I am not the only one to have
8 such frustrations, so I hope others chime in with their experiences.
9
10 > If neither electing a team lead nor admitting new members will work
11 > out, then it means that there's a deadlock and some external action
12 > must be taken to break it. However, the council appointing a project
13 > lead would be against the principles of both GLEP 48 and (more
14 > important) GLEP 39. So maybe the council should rather admit new
15 > members to the team.
16 I agree. If the Council accepts the agenda item and decides to take
17 action, I suggest that they temporarily assume the function of team lead
18 as specified in GLEP 48. After calling for new members and approving
19 those suitably qualified, a new lead can be elected from the
20 newly-formed team.