From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: flameeyes@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-11-12
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 10:06:44
1 >>>>> On Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
4 > <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
5 >> I'd advise for extra care with Council doing things like that.
6
7 > Agree. Would love to see the QA team chime in here. Would also love
8 > to hear concrete proposals.
9
10 Diego, as QA team lead can you comment on this, please?
11
12 >> c) Any comments on <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0048.html>?
13 >> Especially these:
14 >>
15 >> - "The QA team is directed by a lead, chosen yearly by private or
16 >> public election among the members of the team."
17 >>
18 >> - "The QA team lead must approve developers who would like to join
19 >> the project."
20
21 I think that the QA team should be given a chance to resolve the issue
22 within the framework of GLEP 48. An election of the team lead is
23 overdue, and also there appears to be some devs who have applied for
24 joining the team but haven't been approved. (AFAICS, I've been the
25 last member being admitted, and that was in 2011.) Also it would be
26 good if current team members made some statement if they're still
27 interested.
28
29 If neither electing a team lead nor admitting new members will work
30 out, then it means that there's a deadlock and some external action
31 must be taken to break it. However, the council appointing a project
32 lead would be against the principles of both GLEP 48 and (more
33 important) GLEP 39. So maybe the council should rather admit new
34 members to the team.
35
36 Could everyone who is interested in joining the QA team repeat their
37 application here, so we can get a complete list?
38
39 Ulrich