From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Burden of proof
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 21:30:42
1 On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 23:23:33 +0200 Luca Barbato wrote:
2
3 >On 02/04/2018 23:06, Lars Wendler wrote:
4 >> Why should he? There are at least three(!) comrel bugs against
5 >> mgorny and he's still acting the same:
6 >>
7 >> https://bugs.gentoo.org/586784 [restricted]
8 >> https://bugs.gentoo.org/586784 [restricted]
9 >
10 >You pasted the same bug twice.
11
12 Here's the missing one...
13
14 https://bugs.gentoo.org/610596 [restricted]
17 >> https://bugs.gentoo.org/641268
18 >
19 >> Seems like mgorny has already enough buddies in comrel to keep him
20 >> from any disciplinary action.
21 >
22 >Do you have any specific proof of that or you are just frustrated?
23 >
24 >I'd suggest to either substantiate some proof of it or maybe try to
25 >relax a bit.
26 >
27 >Accusing people at random isn't nice.
28 >
29 >> So he can continue being abusive, rude and arrogant towards other
30 >> people without fearing any trouble. I can understand Daniel not being
31 >> willing to waste time in filing another useless comrel bug.
32 >
33 >As per https://bugs.gentoo.org/610596#c8 he received a warning as
34 >everybody does.
35 >
36 >No receiving additional reports is sort of defeating the purpose of the
37 >warning though.
38 >
39 >Reports such as "let's grep for `idiot` and `mgorny` and use wc -l"
40 >isn't exactly great.
41 >
42 >One could be politely insufferable on purpose and at the same time you
43 >might just face a culture/language barrier.
44 >
45 >That said, would be much appreciated if you issue proper reports if
46 >trying to politely tell any person to behave in a more polite way
47 >fails, it would make our life much easier and yours as well :)
48 >
49 >Behaving in a unacceptable way is not the best way to get any result
50 >beside some time forcibly off the Gentoo ml.
51 >
52 >lu
55 Oh right... being blatantly rude gives you instant offtime from Gentoo
56 featured by council. Being simply rude, abusive and arrogant is not
57 sufficient to take action.
58 Oh how I hate such hair-splitting...
61 Lars Wendler
62 Gentoo package maintainer
63 GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93 9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39