From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Burden of proof
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 21:23:40
1 On 02/04/2018 23:06, Lars Wendler wrote:
2 > Why should he? There are at least three(!) comrel bugs against
3 > mgorny and he's still acting the same:
4 >
5 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/586784 [restricted]
6 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/586784 [restricted]
7
8 You pasted the same bug twice.
9
10 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/641268
11
12 > Seems like mgorny has already enough buddies in comrel to keep him
13 > from any disciplinary action.
14
15 Do you have any specific proof of that or you are just frustrated?
16
17 I'd suggest to either substantiate some proof of it or maybe try to
18 relax a bit.
19
20 Accusing people at random isn't nice.
21
22 > So he can continue being abusive, rude and arrogant towards other
23 > people without fearing any trouble. I can understand Daniel not being
24 > willing to waste time in filing another useless comrel bug.
25
26 As per https://bugs.gentoo.org/610596#c8 he received a warning as
27 everybody does.
28
29 No receiving additional reports is sort of defeating the purpose of the
30 warning though.
31
32 Reports such as "let's grep for `idiot` and `mgorny` and use wc -l"
33 isn't exactly great.
34
35 One could be politely insufferable on purpose and at the same time you
36 might just face a culture/language barrier.
37
38 That said, would be much appreciated if you issue proper reports if
39 trying to politely tell any person to behave in a more polite way fails,
40 it would make our life much easier and yours as well :)
41
42 Behaving in a unacceptable way is not the best way to get any result
43 beside some time forcibly off the Gentoo ml.
44
45 lu