From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Switching Gentoo over to Discourse?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 15:01:35
1 On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 2:38 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > While I'm not a big fan of these newfangled things, the last argument is
4 > quite appealing to me. I mean, I suppose the choice of different
5 > interfaces would increase the participation in discussions and reduce
6 > the split between Forums and mailing lists.
9 Since I'm seeing mixed interpretations in the replies, can you clarify
10 if Discourse is intended to replace the forums, the mailing lists, or
11 both? I have no objection to either, but I think that some aren't
12 thinking in terms of both and you might have intended this.
15 Rich