From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Switching Gentoo over to Discourse?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 16:11:28
1 On Mon, 2022-07-25 at 11:01 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 2:38 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > While I'm not a big fan of these newfangled things, the last argument is
5 > > quite appealing to me. I mean, I suppose the choice of different
6 > > interfaces would increase the participation in discussions and reduce
7 > > the split between Forums and mailing lists.
10 > Since I'm seeing mixed interpretations in the replies, can you clarify
11 > if Discourse is intended to replace the forums, the mailing lists, or
12 > both? I have no objection to either, but I think that some aren't
13 > thinking in terms of both and you might have intended this.
16 Isn't this clear?
17
18 "Yes, I'm talking about replacing Forums, not mailing lists."
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny