From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-12-09
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 16:06:25
1 On Sun, 2018-12-02 at 16:30 +0700, grozin@g.o wrote:
2 > On Sat, 1 Dec 2018, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
3 > > 13.0 profiles removal, 17,0 set was added a year ago, and even arm has
4 > > been migrated successfully.
5 >
6 > dev-lisp/clozurecl is broken in 17.0. On ~x86 compiling it loops forever.
7 > I heard that on ~amd64 it compiles but the resulting binary is broken: it
8 > fails to compile maxima. The upstream says that this is related to Gentoo
9 > specific compilation options, and they recommend to use the upstream
10 > options. In 13.0 clozurecl works fine.
11 >
12 > I think those who introduced 17.0 should fix what they have broken. I use
13 > 13.0, and cannot switch so far.
16 Also, could you please kindly point the relevant bug reports to us?
17 Because I don't see a single bug report saying that clozurecl fails to
18 compile, and the bug report about maxima doesn't even CC the clozurecl
19 maintainer.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny