From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developers
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:08:14
1 On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 2:11 AM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Am Freitag, 18. August 2017, 22:17:09 CEST schrieb William L. Thomson Jr.:
5 > > Looks like a couple new devs came in unannounced under the radar.
6 > >
7 > [snip]
8 >
9 > William,
10 >
11 > please stop it. We (as in Gentoo) don't have to explain our actions to you.
12 > Nor do you dictacte our policy.
15 I concur in this case.
16
17 And even if you do have grounds to raise an objection or even comment about
18 it, there are better ways and more appropriate venues. The rhetoric about
19 "java needing help" and especially the personal attacks of calling them
20 "green" have no place on this list and the overall tone of your post came
21 off as negative and condescending.
22
23 IMO, if you really want to help gentoo out, the first thing you could do is
24 improve your attitude and make yourself easier to work with.
25
26 ~ Raymond Jennings, some random gentoo user
31 > Cheers,
32 > Andreas
33 >
34 > --
35 > Andreas K. Hüttel
36 > dilfridge@g.o
37 > Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)