From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 23:50:14
1 On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > I realise you might not known any of this if you weren't around when
4 > Gentoo's management structure was set up, but there's no need to be
5 > such a twat when discussing it. So the answer to the question you could
6 > have asked politely: you're locked into what's now known as GLEP 39
7 > until there's a global vote to replace it with something else.
8
9 I realize you might not have known that I knew and that I totally
10 disagreed. You're the one that's locked in a past that doesn't exist
11 anymore. Gentoo is free to change and evolve and doesn't need your
12 authorization. Nor mine. Gentoo will become whatever the council
13 decides it should become until the next elections. At which point
14 there will be another council. You're free to stay behind, that's your
15 choice.
16
17 Denis.
18 --