From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 23:53:29
1 On Sat, 17 May 2008 01:50:04 +0200
2 "Denis Dupeyron" <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
4 > <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > I realise you might not known any of this if you weren't around when
6 > > Gentoo's management structure was set up, but there's no need to be
7 > > such a twat when discussing it. So the answer to the question you
8 > > could have asked politely: you're locked into what's now known as
9 > > GLEP 39 until there's a global vote to replace it with something
10 > > else.
11 >
12 > I realize you might not have known that I knew and that I totally
13 > disagreed. You're the one that's locked in a past that doesn't exist
14 > anymore. Gentoo is free to change and evolve and doesn't need your
15 > authorization. Nor mine. Gentoo will become whatever the council
16 > decides it should become until the next elections. At which point
17 > there will be another council. You're free to stay behind, that's your
18 > choice.
19
20 So you're saying the Council is free to entirely ignore the rules under
21 which it was elected, and instead say "We are now supreme dictators for
22 life"?
25 Ciaran McCreesh