From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 14:25:44
1 On 2021-05-03 15:55, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >> Is this really a topic for council?
3 >>
4 >> Isn't foundation an independent body and if someone requests funding
5 >> from foundation and will get it approved...
6 >
7 > Given that I still see it as my agenda to eventually
8 >
9 > * get rid of the foundation
10 > * move our assets to an umbrella
11 > * and have only one elected body (the council) deciding,
12 >
13 > mostly to have clear lines of responsibility and less potential for
14 > infighting,
15 >
16 > yes, definitely.
17 >
18 > (Also, some of the current foundation officers got elected with more
19 > or less the same plan. :)
20
21 But all of this concerns a potential future -- not today.
22
23 And before any of this can happen, foundation must come up with the
24 first move and declare such a plan in general (I think they were working
25 on this and started to evaluate possibilities but after some umbrella
26 organizations rejected their requests the process became stale).
27
28 My point is, discussions should happen in public, on mailing list.
29
30 If there is something for council meeting, i.e. a possible motion, this
31 must be discussed on mailing list first and shouldn't get created during
32 a meeting. So having just a discussion during meeting without a clear
33 goal/defined end, is likely a waste of time as agenda item.
34
35 If you just want to talk about this for some reason and don't plan to
36 bring forward a motion or something, please move this to open floor
37 which will allow non-council member to join and others to leave because
38 it isn't part of the mandatory meeting anymore.
42 Regards,
43 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
44 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature