From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 20:56:31
1 On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 2016.11.10 12:12, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
6 >> > With the mergers, that confidence has been eroded.
7 >>
8 >> Honestly, I think this is something you need to substantiate.
11 > Observing behaviour changes in the population at large, its my opinion
12 > that things have gotten worse rather that better over the last 10 years,
13 > so that comrel is probably understaffed.
16 Understaffed? Sure, I'll buy that.
17
18 That isn't the same as "confidence has been eroded," which was what I
19 suggested needed substantiation.
20
21 It is really easy to say that the sky is falling. However, the number
22 of people even participating in these threads is maybe 10% of the
23 number of people who cast ballots in the last election, let alone the
24 entire population. I get it, a few people are upset. And I'm all for
25 taking steps to improve transparency/etc, and have been for quite a
26 while.
27
28 People were saying the same thing about QA about this time of year two
29 years ago. Now it seems like people don't even realize that at the
30 time the sky was also falling. I think there is a need for
31 improvement, and it will happen. I don't see the need for hysteria.
34 Rich