From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 20:28:12
1 On 2016.11.10 12:12, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
3
4 [snip]
7 > > With the mergers, that confidence has been eroded.
8 >
9 > Honestly, I think this is something you need to substantiate.
10 >
11 [snip]
12
13 > --
14 > Rich
17 Rich,
18
19 The raw data is ugly so its attached.
20
21 At one time, in 2007, we had three, four counting Proctors project, doing
22 separate jobs, now merged into comrel. It was clear when things were
23 moving from mediation to disciplinary as a different project got involved.
24 Separation of duties is in general, a good thing.
25
26 Since the end of 2007, chosen so I can ignore the Omnibudsman and
27 Proctors projects in the data gathering, comparing like roles with like
28 roles in comrel today, the head count appears to have reduced from
29 16 to 11.
30
31 Even the head count reduction suggests that there is less role
32 separation than there once was.
33
34 The nature and volume of work at the end of 2007 remains classified,
35 so its not possible to determine from outside comrel if this head count
36 reduction has made things harder for comrel or not. Maybe we could
37 have some anonymised stats from the end of 2007?
38
39 Observing behaviour changes in the population at large, its my opinion
40 that things have gotten worse rather that better over the last 10 years,
41 so that comrel is probably understaffed.
42
43 Special apologies to dilfridge. Nano doesn't want to paste an 'ΓΌ' so
44 your name is mangled in the attachment.
47 Regards,
48
49 Roy Bamford
50 (Neddyseagoon) a member of