From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-12-11
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 18:22:26
1 Ühel kenal päeval, R, 02.12.2016 kell 15:44, kirjutas Agostino Sarubbo:
2 > On Friday 02 December 2016 23:17:13 Aaron Bauman wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I would like the council to consider dropping IA-64 and SPARC from
5 > > the
6 > > supported list of stable architectures to increase the security
7 > > posture
8 > > of the tree.
9 >
10 > I would like to ask to keep the things as is.
11 >
12 > The slowdown is caused from the fact that there are no rules for the
13 > stabilization requests.
14 > We (kensington mainly + wg-stable group) are working to have more
15 > automations.
16
17 He is talking about security stabilization bugs here.
18
19 I don't understand why stable and security stable have to be connected,
20 and why fringe arches are considered stopping the drafting and send-out
21 of GLSA. The tooling could special case ia64 and sparc to tell that
22 it's not marked stable there yet or whatever when it isn't yet. The
23 dozen users will know what to do.
24
25 Or as a temporary measure propose the removal of these arches from the
26 list of security supported (I don't believe one of them is security
27 supported even now), and move back to security supported once the
28 process is more streamlined from the workflow efforts going into there
29 now.