From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-core] Re: Poll: Would you sign a Contributer License Agreement?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 20:28:28
1 On 25/06/2018 22:13, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > If they really can't sign off that they are allowed to contribute,
3 > then I indeed prefer them stopping contributing. That's certainly
4 > better than learning one day that all their contributions were
5 > illegal and we suddenly have to pull off all those packages.
6
7 Good point.
8
9 We could hope that as more projects get more careful about legal
10 considerations, it won't be as much a surprise/special case for
11 employers as it might be today. Or it might become a factor when
12 choosing an employer.
13
14 It'd be interesting to know if there are any examples of a project
15 having to pull some code (and how say git history would have to be handled).
16
17 Of course even lack of such examples would not be a reason against more
18 attention to legal aspects of contributions. However, it may influence
19 the timeline. Haste may indeed do more harm than good, but ignoring this
20 doesn't seem to be the right long-term choice either.
21
22 Paweł